Friday, October 26, 2012

Previously, in LEP . . .

We had a super top secret meeting earlier this week that we invited the whole world too. And the whole world showed up and drank some secret punch.

Speaking of secret punch. Yeah, we'll be getting the rooms set up for our future meetings, but this time we kind of just decided to go into this one seemingly empty room in the Science Building and use it as our secret meeting headquarters.

I guess it would've been okay if there wasn't going to be a class going on in there five minutes after we finally got ourselves settled and poured the punch.

Fortunately, the professor (I think he's a physics guy) was pretty cool about the whole thing, and was even brave enough to try our punch. I mean, a professor has to be brave to say yes when a random student he's never met before asks "would you like to try some of our secret punch?" He said it was good. I think he was just trying to be nice though.

(I had to tell him what the ingredients were though after he tasted, kinda felt obligated to answer his question. Professors just have that effect on you.)

Meeting minutes are on CTools, so you can see what we talked about there. I wanted to say though, that I'm kinda hoping we do more with these cute little journals. Take it around with you wherever you go - it can slip into your pocket or purse or fanny pack really easily. Jot down things that inspire you. Write a poem from the point of view of the rock behind the UC. Anything really. Just write.

This time, our Princess of Rhymes gave us a prompt - to write a limerick. I wish I had Sara M.'s or Erich's written down so I could share them. You'll just have to bear with me here and read mine instead:

One day on the way to Manila
I stopped at a shop for vanilla
to add to a cake
I was planning to bake
for the 1st birthday of my chinchilla.

No idea why, but my default limerick rhymes are Manila or Nantucket. Go figure.

Viscountess of Affairs, '12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment