Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blue-eyed Stranger

While every eye color is amazing, my personal favorite is blue. I don't know if it's because I myself have brown eyes, or because my entire family does, or because I'm so sick of "plain old brown" that I'm instantly drawn to something else, but blue has always stood out for me. Green is beautiful too, but I've found the vast majority of "green" to be a watered down, dilute green that nearly borders on gray. That's the case for blue a lot of the time too, BUT every so often...rarely...you stumble across someone who has such amazingly blue eyes that you can't look away. You're caught staring at them, feeling like an idiot but just unable to tear your gaze away from eyes that put sapphires to shame. In honor of the latest pair of blue eyes I've spotted, I've decided to post a poem here about them. :) This poem is written by Mandi Ducroq and is titled 'Blue-eyed Stranger'.


Blue-eyed Stranger
Mandi Ducroq

We don't know each other at all
We may as well be on opposite sides of a wall
But I've noticed you and I know you've seen me
I see your sadness and I can't let it be

A smile that could light up a stormy night
If you let it show, a personality so bright
Eyes as blue as a summer sky
So insecure, you seem so shy

Don't be scared, I just want to know
What makes you so sad, that you don't want to show
I don't think you even realise
The pain I see reflected in beautiful blue eyes

Just let it out, talk to me
A soul in distress, I can't let it be
I want to be a friend, perhaps a little more
I'm giving you the key, be brave, open the door 




The poem captures exactly what I'm thinking! ;) I love it! 

-Myra 
Princess of Rhymes


No comments:

Post a Comment